Publisher: G. Schirmer, Inc.
Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
Editor: Robert Taub
Concert pianist Robert Taub, author of Playing the Beethoven Sonatas, brings forth a major, newly researched edition, with insightful commentary about teaching and playing each sonata.
Dr. Taub has performed all over the world, presenting an acclaimed series of the complete Beethoven Sonatas in both New York and London. He played and discussed Beethoven Sonatas on the PBS television program Big Ideas. His noteworthy recordings, praised by critics for their freshness and emotional involvement, are available separately.
- Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Opus 31 no. 1
- Sonata No. 17 in D minor, Opus 31 no. 2 (“Tempest”)
- Sonata No. 18 in E-Flat Major, Opus 31 no. 3
- Sonata No. 19 in G minor, Opus 49 no. 1
- Sonata No. 20 in G Major, Opus 49 no. 2
- Sonata No. 21 in C Major, Opus 53 (“Waldstein”)
- Sonata No. 22 in F Major, Opus 54
- Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Opus 57 (“Appassionata”)
- Sonata No. 24 in F-Sharp Major, Opus 78
- Sonata No. 25 in G Major, Opus 79
- Sonata No. 26 in E-Flat Major, Opus 81A (“Das Lebewohl”)
- Sonata No. 27 in E minor, Opus 90
- Sonata No. 28 in A Major, Opus 101
- Sonata No. 29 in B-Flat Major, Opus 106 (“Hammerklavier”)
- Sonata No. 30 in E Major, Opus 109
- Sonata No. 31 in A-Flat Major, Opus 110
- Sonata No. 32 in C Minor, Opus 111