By Kristi Helfen (Local Georgia Artist)
Piano Now - It's never too late! A beginner lesson book designed for ages 60 & up; includes folk songs, hymns, spirituals, patriotic songs, and other familiar tunes.
Is learning to play the piano a dream you’ve held for most of your life? Isn’t it time you did something about it? If you answered yes, then Piano Now: It’s Never Too Late is for you! This beginner lesson book is designed specifically for adults ages 60 and up.
• Large print in an easy-to-read format.
• Almost entirely familiar tunes in many different genres: folk songs, spirituals, hymns, and patriotic songs.
• Ample practice time in beginning hand position, learning to securely read notes of that position on the staff before moving to new notes and positions.
• Gradual strengthening of the fingers by utilizing lots of harmonic interval playing (2 notes played simultaneously) in each of the hands before moving on to 3-note chords.
• Reinforcement on correct positioning at the piano (hands, fingers, wrists, back, shoulders, feet) by frequent reminders to ensure your body remains comfortable while playing.
By following this user-friendly step-by-step method, I believe you will find that learning to play the piano is more easily attainable than you may have originally imagined. Maybe you’re at that point in life where you find yourself with more time to pursue a longtime aspiration. Author C. S. Lewis once said, “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” It’s Never Too Late. Now is your moment! I wish you the very best as you begin.